Senior Underwriter P&I
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Vacancy ID : 004504
To provide full technical underwriting in respect of retention of business and the generation of new business.
To work to manage relationships with clients and brokers in order to offer highest possible level of service in keeping with the company’s service commitment.
To overlook the activities of and lead of a team of Underwriters and Assistants.
- Direct dealings with Brokers and some Clients on day-to-day underwriting issues
- Develop new business enquiries and retain existing Clients, in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Formulation of insurance terms and conditions, ensuring an in-depth knowledge of underwriting guidelines/instructions and adhering to them in every respect
- Ensure good preparation for all renewals
- Respond to general enquiries received ensuring swift turnaround of all underwriting enquiries and new business enquiries, giving priority to key accounts and key targets
- Maintain frequent dialogue with claims executives regarding claims developments and trends on the portfolio
- Take responsibility for every aspect of the underwriting process including contract review and survey analysis/follow-up, administration, system data capture and service delivery
- Responsible for premium collection and co-ordination with credit control
- Lead of and responsible for a team of Underwriters and Assistants
- Support development of junior team members
- Ensure documentation is accurate and issued within Contract Certainty guidelines in every case, and that all debit notes are issued correctly and promptly
- Have a good working knowledge of the company’s cover wordings
- Ensure all underwriting systems are used properly and consistently
- Insurance qualified with 10 years minimum experience in P&I (Underwriting preferable)
- Strong team working skills
- Well-organised and efficient
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), other European language skills would be an advantage but not essential